Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Favourites of 2008

Well the year is quickly coming to an end and all i can say is what a great year it was for music.

Today ive decided to create a list of my favourite albums and bands of 2008.

Here they are!

(In no particular order)

1. As Winter Burns White
I was told by a friend to listen to this band so I bought their 2008 Demo and WOW.
The band formed early in the year and quickly recorded this demo only several weeks later.
To me that is simply amazing considering the quality of this demo, it is mostly deathcore/ metalcore and is just pure brutal.

2. The Irish Front- Universe
I love this album!
After listening to older songs by them i just couldnt wait until this full length was released and it was definately worth the wait.

3. Sink or Swim- Demo
Being an Australian i just couldnt resist buying the demo from this aussie hxc band.
It is a great effort and i cant wait to see what they release in the future.

4. Here Comes The Kraken
Awesome deathcore band and amazing guitar work throughout.

5. Sleep Serapis, Sleep!- EP
I cant stop playing this album. Lately i must admit i have been getting somewhat bored of most metalcore but this is a great album.

6. Austrian Death Machine
When I heard Tim from As I Lay Dying had a side project based on Arnold Scwarzenegger i knew i had to listen to it.
Not suprisingly it is a very good album and further proves taht Tim is a great musician.
heck, the man can even make awesome metalcore using Arnie =)




Well thats just a small list and soon i will be adding my all my top 10's of the year which will include albums, bands, songs, etc.

So stay tuned!
(And stay brutal)



No comments: